Friday, 15 February 2013

When Dreams Arrive in Flesh and Blood

Today has been a very auspicious day.  It is a humbling thing to be taught new skills by a horse who knows more than I do.  As I groomed and saddled Lucera, the dappled grey Spanish Andalusian mare who is about to become my other equine partner, I marvelled at the unexpected gifts that arrive in my life, like pearls of great price. Every day, the beauty of nature surrounds me and gives me delight, the animals that share my life bring joy and life with Rick is a source of great peace and an anchor to this wild gypsy horsewoman.

My lesson on Lucera tonight was amazing.  I am learning the discipline of riding each and every stride, to feel the power of sitting deeply within a perfectly cadenced trot - and that circles are meant to be round (more on that one another day!) I am so gratified by the delight of my fellow equestriennes at learning that Lucera is going to be 'mine' (rather, she is allowing me to be hers!).  Now to learn the fine art of juggling it all in the space of the finite hours and energy we are allotted...

No comments:

Post a Comment